Frenkie de Jong, who has been a long-term target for Manchester United, has stated that he will only leave Barcelona to join Chelsea. However, according to reports, the blues are reluctant to match Manchester United’s offer for the midfielder
Despite the fact that his status with the club is now up in the air, Frenkie De Jong is currently participating in the preseason tour that the Blaugrana are conducting in the United States.
The Catalan club is having financial difficulties, and the sale of Frenkie de Jong for €80 million could be helpful in their current situation. However, the major issue is that Barcelona still owes him £17 million in deferred payments, so the sale won’t help them much.
According to recent reports, if De Jong is going to leave Barcelona, the only club in which he would be interested in playing is Chelsea, and he would prefer to avoid moving to Old Trafford if at all possible.
There have been rumors that Manchester United are in the lead to sign Frenkie De Jong, but there have also been rumors circulating in Spain that he would prefer a move to West London if he were to leave Barcelona. If he does leave Barcelona, the rumors say that he would push for a move there.
The Blues have expressed curiosity in acquiring Frenkie De Jong, but the West London clubs are hesitant to reach Barcelona’s asking price of €80 million for the player.
After suffering a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Arsenal, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel requested more new players from the club’s owners in order to improve his team’s ability to compete in the upcoming season.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United