Wolves vs Manchester City
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 11 May 2022
Kick-off at 20:15 UK/ 21:15 CET
Venue: Molineux Stadium.
The Citizens took a commanding lead in this final stretch of the campaign as they march towards the title. They are placed first in the table with a lead of three points over their closest competitor Liverpool.
And with no Champions League to be worried about, Pep Guardiola’s men can turn all their concentration towards these three final fixtures.
They will be even more motivated to go after the title this time around, considering that that arch rivals Liverpool are gunning for the quadruple. By the looks of things, the Citizens are the only ones who can put a stop to this unprecedented achievement by the Reds.
But it is not at all going to be an easy path for the defending champions. They are pitted against the eighth-placed Wolves this Wednesday, who are desperately going after a top-seven finish.
Wolverhampton are trailing five points below the seventh-placed West Ham but they have a game in hand. They will be giving their heart and blood on the pitch in order to secure this coveted seventh spot.
As such this is not at all going to be easy for Pep’s men, but do count on them to edge out a win and maintain the three-point cushion of points over the Reds.
Wolves vs Manchester City Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had finished in a 1-0 win for Manchester City.
- They are on a 3-fixture winning streak.
- The latest encounter at this stadium had finished in a 1-3 win for them.
- In the past 12 years, the hosts have won just once at this stadium.
Wolves vs Manchester City Prediction & Analysis
Wolves were held to a 2-2 draw the last match-day on the road by Chelsea and they were on a 3-fixture losing streak before that. Do also note that they had lost five of their past eight appearances at home, and they had let in three or more goals in two of their former three home fixtures.
On the other hand, the defending champions had recorded a 5-0 win at home the past game week against Newcastle, and they had also won five of their previous six fixtures. Do also note that they were unbeaten in 35 of their previous 39 and overall matches.
Taking into account these observations, as well as the head-to-head superiority of Manchester City, expect a compelling win for them this Wednesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Citizens have scored the most number of goals in the competition. In fact, they have managed to find the back of the net 89 times from just 35 fixtures so far.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United