PSG vs Montpellier
French Ligue 1
Date: 13 August 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes (Paris).
Neymar and Lionel Messi starred in PSG’s 0-5 thumping of Clermont on the opening day of the 2022/23 Ligue 1 season.
The former had three assists and a goal, while the latter scored two goals and got one assist seven days ago Stade Gabriel-Montpied.
Les Parisiens have thus scored nine goals without allowing a single at the opposite end in the opening two matches of the new season.
They stormed past both Nantes (4-0) in the French Super Cup and Clermont (0-5) at the start of Ligue 1.
We can only expect the continuation of such form on Saturday evening when Montpellier come to visit the capital for the Gameweek No 2 fixture at Parc Des Princes.
Montpellier have been leaking goals with ease this summer in pre-season friendlies and they have only continued this trend at the beginning of the new league campaign.
However, they eventually did manage to overcome Troyes, picking up a 3-2 victory last weekend thanks to a brace from midfielder Teji Savanier, including the 81st-minute winner.
The fact that Montpellier allowed 16 attempts on their goal in the home fixture against Troyes, conceding two goals in the process, is by no means promising head of the trip to Parc Des Princes.
We should also say that La Paillade had earlier shipped at least two goals in each of four consecutive pre-season defeats to Espanyol, Clermont, Toulouse, and Crystal Palace.
PSG vs Montpellier Head-to-head
- Tradition does not help Montpellier at all ahead of their trip to the capital.
- PSG have won six and drawn one of the previous seven head to head encounters with Montpellier.
- Les Parisiens scored at least three goals in four of the last six clashes against La Paillade.
PSG vs Montpellier Prediction
Montpellier have shipped nine goals in their last two pre-season checks against the likes of Toulouse and Crystal Palace. Their defensive line revealed plenty of holes in the last weekend’s season opener against Troyes as well.
We will take the 2.50 odds offered for PSG to win by four or more goals difference on Saturday, something they have done in both matches so far (against Nantes in the Super Cup and Clermont in the Ligue 1).
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United