Paris Saint-Germain vs Metz
French Ligue 1
Date: 21 May 2022, Saturday
Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes (Paris).
The record-equaling ten-time Ligue 1 champions PSG will host relegation-threatened Metz on the final day of the season on Saturday evening at Parc des Princes.
The match has a much greater importance for the visitors who are hoping to pick up salvation points and keep the relegation playoffs spot.
Metz celebrated back-to-back huge wins over Lyon and Angers in the previous two rounds and have taken over Saint-Etienne in the battle for the 18th position in the league standings.
The bottom two teams (19th and 20th) will be automatically relegated, while the third from bottom (currently Metz) will play in the relegation playoffs.
Nonetheless, although the motivation factor will be heavily on Metz’s side, everything else is on PSG’s.
To make things worse for the visitors, PSG’s talisman Kylian Mbappe is chasing the Golden Boot award as he is now only a single goal above Monaco’s Wissam Ben Yedder in the list of the competition’s top scorers.
Also, this could easily be Mbappe’s farewell from Parc des Princes as the young French striker has been tied with a Real Madrid move for quite a while now.
Last but not least, Lionel Messi finally looked sharp last weekend in the 0-4 drubbing of Montpellier on the road. The Argentine superstar bagged a brace on the occasion, both goals coming after Mbappe’s assists.
Paris Saint-Germain vs Metz Head-to-head
- Metz have never been a serious opposition for Paris Saint-Germain, especially in the last decade.
- PSG will thus come into this on the back of twelve consecutive victories in the clashes against Metz.
- The streak includes the 1-2 victory for Les Parisiens in the first half of the season at Stade Saint-Symphorien.
Paris Saint-Germain vs Metz Prediction
The gulf in quality between these two sides is enormous. Regardless of the motivation factor, we can hardly see a scenario in which Metz could even cause any kind of problems to the ten-time champions here.
We will thus back Paris Saint-Germain to win by three or more goals difference in the last game of the season at the odds of 2.05. You can also try with the Golden Boot chaser Kylian Mbappe to score two or more goals on his farewell (likely) from Parc des Princes
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United