Ivory Coast vs Egypt
Africa Cup of Nations
Date: Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Kick-off at 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET
Venue: Japoma Stadium.
Ivory Coast advanced into the Round of 16 after winning over Algeria in their last game. They are unbeaten in all the three games of this AFCON season and will be entering the knockouts with highest of spirits.
Despite of starting with a negative result, Egypt motivated themselves registering back to back positive displays. They follows a 1-0 win over Sudan and will be hoping to go furthermore when they meet Ivory Coast on Wednesday at Japoma Stadium.
Ivory Coast surprised everyone in their last game. They were considered underdogs but bagged an easy win over the strong side Algeria at the end of 90 minutes.
While Egypt registered a pair of positive results. They are having the in form Salah and will be hoping him to score.
There are no room for mistakes and we can expect them both to play with their full potential.
Ivory Coast vs Egypt Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both Ivory Coast and Egypt have won two apiece in their past 6 head to head meetings.
- Three of those 6 meetings saw under 2.5 goals.
- The most recent match in which Ivory Coast played host to Egypt was recorded on February 2008. In that match Egypt won for 1-4 FT Score.
Ivory Coast vs Egypt Prediction
By the looks of both the teams in AFCON this season so far, Ivory Coast looks strong enough to go through the knockout round. They have won better and are having a consistent momentum throughout.
Whereas, Egypt looks decent with a couple of wins. But when they are at a stage like this, they doesn’t seems to be capable enough for qualifying to the next round.
Ivory Coast are much stronger when they host. They follows 12 unbeaten games at home and have scored in each of those. Hence, they will put one past this Egypt side for sure.
Therefore, we are backing Ivory Coast to score one against this Egypt outfit who may well find it difficult to score themselves.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United