Chelsea vs Arsenal
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 20 April 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea is set to host Arsenal in a London Derby that might have huge implications for the Gunners as for the last UCL spot. The two are set to face each other this Wednesday evening at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues are still the defending European champions, but this has been a season to forget. Chelsea is completely out of the title fight, trailing the league leaders, Manchester City by 12 points. Booking 3rd in Premier League table they have 62 points from 30 matches played of which they won 18 while drawing 8 other fixtures.
Chelsea crushed Southampton with a score of 6-0 in their last league fixture. The Blues haven’t had any problems with scoring, hitting the target in each and every one of their last 6 games. They have faced several ups and downs across all formats in the last week but still have a stronghold in the top third spot.
Arsenal has not looked at their best over the past few weeks. They are currently at the 6th position in the point table with 54 points from 30 matches. They lost 11 games this season while winning 17 other occasions. They did not capitalize on Tottenham dropping points over Brighton at home and now they have a difficult task now with their last game in hand.
The Gunners have not looked at their best over the past few weeks. They could win only 2 of their last 5 EPL games and had suffered a 1-0 loss to Southampton, which was their third defeat in a row.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Head-to-head (h2h)
- Their last 5 league meetings saw both teams winning twice while a draw occurred on another fixture.
- Three out of their last five PL meetings saw scoring from both sides.
- The reverse fixture on last August saw a 2-0 win in favour of Chelsea.
- The Blues won the last 2 h2hs coming in a row.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Prediction
The London Derby is really tough to predict, however based on the fact that Chelsea is out of Europe, it is Arsenal that needs this win more.
Chelsea won the last home game in the FA Cup against Crystal Palace by 2-0 previously. Moreover, they have lost only twice at home this season.
Meanwhile, Arsenal definitely has a lot to improve and have lost the last 2 games played on road and have also lost 4 times of their previous 5 league fixtures.
Knowing that, we therefore expect Chelsea to win this game on Wednesday.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United