Chelsea have secured their first ever FIFA Club World Cup title after seeing off Brazilian side Palmeiras at Mohammed Bin Zayed stadium in Abu Dhabi on Saturday evening.
After Thomas Tuchel missed the semi-final clash against Al-halil due to contracted with Covid-19, the German coach made return on Friday and named strong starting XI to face the Copa Libertadores champions.
Edouard Mendy, Mason Mount, Romelu Lukaku, N’Golo Kante, Thiago Silva, Antonio Rudiger and Kai Havertz all are in starting lineup face the Brazilian side.
Despite the German coach named strong starting XI against the Copa Libertadores champions, it took his side’s early second-half before broken the deadlock.
Romelu Lukaku, who made sensational return to Stamford Bridge from Inter Milan last summer scoring the opening goal with a brilliant header.
However, Thiago Silva handled the ball in his own box in the 61st minute, allowing Raphael Veiga to level matters from 12 yards out.
The winner came from another handball, as Kai Havertz scored with three minutes of extra time remaining.
The entirely Blues fans across the continent, including players, staff, manager and the owner are so excited as Blues secured their first ever FIFA Club World Cup trophy.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United