Chelsea legend, Jason Cundy has slammed Manchester City, accusing them of ‘bottling’ their Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid.
Cundy said he feels for the club’s fans who must be feeling crushed after watching their side throw away a golden opportunity to be in the final.
Manchester City crashed out of the Champions League in heartbreaking fashion, with Real Madrid producing a staggering late fightback.
Substitute Rodrygo scored twice in the closing minutes to take the game to extra-time, with Karim Benzema slotting home a penalty to complete another stunning comeback.
And Cundy could not believe what he saw.
“What have City done? I have not seen a team capitulate and collapse and bottle a game like that,” he told talkSPORT.
“They had gone. This is going to be hard to take as a City fan, but they bottled that. They bottled that tonight. They fell apart.
“This is going to hurt and I feel for City fans. We know what it’s like as a football fan, they will feel crushed right now,” he said.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United