The prize money English Premier League clubs will earn per finishing position on the log this season has been revealed.
The 2021/2022 Premier League season is rapidly coming to a close.
Manchester City and Liverpool may have to wait until the final day of the season to know which team will be crowned champions of England.
Pep Guardiola’s side are currently on top of the Premier League table with four points ahead of second-position Liverpool after 37 matches.
Liverpool, meanwhile, will close the gap to a point if they beat Southampton on Tuesday night.
However, Chelsea currently sits in the third position, followed by Tottenham Hotspur (fourth) and Arsenal, who completes the top five.
According to The Athletic, all clubs in the English top-flight league will take the same central share from television rights and commercial revenue from the £2.5 billion prize pot, while each position in the Premier League is estimated to be worth around £2.2m.
Below are the estimated Premier League merit payments by finishing position:
1st – £44m
2nd – £41.8m
3rd – £39.6m
4th – £37.4m
5th – £35.2m
6th – £33m
7th – £30.8m
8th – £28.6m
9th – £26.4m
10th – £24.2m
11th – £22m
12th – £19.8m
13th – £17.6m
14th – £15.4m
15th – £13.2m
16th – £11m
17th – £8.8m
18th – £6.6m
19th – £4.4m
20th – £2.2m
- EPL Golden Gloves Table after Sanchez kept a clean sheet in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Fulham
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham