Former Chelsea striker, Tony Cascarino believes the signing of Bayern Munich attacker, Robert Lewandowski would be the perfect replacement for the struggling Romelu Lukaku at Stamford Bridge.
Lukaku has struggled since arriving on a £97 million transfer.
The Belgium international scored just 15 goals across competitions to fall out of favour with manager Thomas Tuchel.
However, Lewandowski could be a replacement for Lukaku after the Poland striker announced that he intends to leave Bayern this summer.
And Cascarino has called the 33-year-old the ‘ultimate goalscorer’, saying to talkSport: “Mason Mount was the club’s top scorer in the Premier League this season, Lukaku hasn’t scored enough goals. It’s going to come down to Tuchel.
“Sometimes managers just don’t face you, you’re not their cup of tea, and it looks that way. It doesn’t look like a good fit with Lukaku and Tuchel at Chelsea.”
He added: “If he’s given the option of getting Lewandowski, you’re going to go for it. OK, he’s 32, but Chelsea signed Thiago Silva and he’s been a brilliant signing for the club. If they could get that one over the line, Chelsea missed goals in the centre-forward position all season, it’s cost them so dearly.”
“They have come third and they are FIFA Club World Cup champions, but they could have done with an ultimate goalscorer and he’s one of them.”
- EPL Golden Gloves Table after Sanchez kept a clean sheet in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Fulham
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham