The German international, Antonio Rudiger was one of the outstanding players for Chelsea last season. The former Chelsea’s star left for Real Madridbecause he failed to have an agreement with Chelsea’s management.
His departure led to the arrival of Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli. The Senegalese international has been tipped to be the perfect replacement for Antonio Rudiger, but the question is, how well do you think Kalidou Koulibaly will replace Antonio Rudiger?
Kalidou Koulibaly is a great defender who has achieved a lot in football. He won the Africa Cup of Nations with Senegal as the captain of the team. But from the look of things, Kalidou Koulibaly won’t be a perfect replacement for Antonio Rudiger because of the following.
1. He is prone to injury; in the Chelsea’s game against Everton, he was substituted from the game due to injury. As it stands, he may not be fit to play against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday evening. Antonio Rudiger is always free from injuries.
2. He is not as organized as Antonio Rudiger in the defense; Antonio Rudiger knows the best time to overlap and the best time to remain in the defense line. In the game against Everton, we saw Kalidou Koulibaly leaving Thiago Silva to be vulnerable in the defense. He needs to organize himself in the defense. He doesn’t need to be in a hurry to impress, or else he will be a bad replacement for Antonio Rudiger.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United