Chelsea are reportedly one of the clubs that Robert Lewandowski would prefer to join this summer, Christian Falk claims.
The west London giants recently loaned out Romelu Lukaku to Inter Milan, and they are likely to pursue a replacement.
Lewandowski’s name has been regularly mentioned in recent weeks, and Chelsea may have a genuine chance of signing him.
The Poland international is keen on leaving Bayern Munich after eight seasons and Barcelona are already discussing a transfer.
However, the Catalan giants may not afford to meet Bayern’s €50m asking price up front amid their ongoing financial issues.
New Chelsea owner Todd Boehly wants to make a statement signing this summer, and is looking at several big names.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar are under consideration, but Lewandowski would be a huge coup for the World champions.
Lewandowski has netted 40 plus goals for seven straight campaigns, and he could possibly lead them to the top-flight title.
Paris Saint-Germain are also keeping a close eye on his situation.
- ‘This Is Now Getting Out Of Hand’ ‘Time To Sell’ Chelsea Fans React As Player Suffers Another Long Term Injury
- Followers fume VAR is a ‘f***ing mess’ after Vinicius escapes with yellow card for ‘karate chop’ on Chelsea star Thiago Silva
- (VIDEO): Watch Full Highlights and goals of Fulham 0-2 Chelsea in the Premier League
- CHE 2-0 FUL: Chelsea star wins man of the match award after his brilliant performance against Fulham
- CHE 2-0 FUL: EPL Table After Chelsea Won Against Fulham To Close The Gap On Man United